We consider cost control to be a professional responsibility. Because we are not burdened with the overhead that has pushed hourly rates to unreasonable levels, our rates are in general lower than those of comparable firms. We also have cost-control policies that ensure economical representation, including:
• Avoiding the practice of multi-layered staffing whereby the client pays many times to have the same work done, re-done, reviewed and re-reviewed.
• Avoiding unnecessary discovery.
• Writing off unproductive time.
• Encouraging clients to consider alternative fee arrangements.
• Pushing for early disposition of cases.
• Performing cost benefit analyses of proposed procedures, tactics and overall approaches.
• Utilizing alternative dispute resolution mechanisms when appropriate.